- Broccoli, one head
- Seven ounces (200 grams) of potatoes, diced
- One onion, diced
- ¼ gallon (roughly one liter) of vegetable stock
- Milk, one cup
- Frying oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation/Cook Time: Prep 25 Minutes/Total 50 Minutes
- After peeling the potatoes, dice them along with the onion.
- Add two tablespoons of oil to a saucepan, then for roughly one minute, sautee the chopped onion.
- For an additional minute, add the diced potatoes and sautee as well.
- Incorporate the vegetable stock in the saucepan with the onion and potato mixture.
- For approximately 10 minutes, allow the soup to simmer. Wash the broccoli and dice it into smaller pieces in the meantime.
- For an additional 20 minutes, continue cooking the soup after stirring the broccoli.
- Blend the soup while it's still in the saucepan with a hand blender until the texture is smooth and lump-free.
- Finally, for another 5 minutes, pour the milk into the soup and heat it thoroughly. If a thicker consistency is preferred, you may mix in cornstarch or an alternate thickener. Serve and enjoy.