Copy of High Protein Recipes For Weight Loss And Muscle Gain
Breakfast: Epic High Protein Breakfast Burrito
- Low-carb tortillas, either four small or two large
- Two large eggs
- Egg whites, 1 cup
- Low-fat ground beef, 4 ounces
- ½ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Diced green bell pepper, one half
- Diced red bell pepper, one half
- One half of a small onion, diced
- Taco seasoning, or seasoning of preference, 1 ½ tablespoon
- Salt and pepper to taste
Amount Per Serving:
-Protein: 68 grams
-Carbohydrates: 41 grams
-Fat: 18 grams
-Fiber: 25 grams
Preparation/Cook Time: 15 minutes each
- Combine eggs and egg whites in a bowl and whisk together.
- Coat a skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combined with salt and pepper, heat the skillet over medium heat and scramble the eggs until the desired doneness is reached.
- Dice the red and green bell peppers, and onions as the eggs cook.
- Once finished, cover the eggs after removing them from the skillet.
- In the skillet, combine the ground beef and taco seasoning, mixing well.
- Cook the beef well, ensuring it is browned thoroughly.
- Lay each tortilla on individual plates.
- Combine the scrambled eggs, ground beef, onions, and peppers in layers, and top with a handful of cheese.
- Wrap the tortillas and enjoy. These breakfast burritos pair well with a side of fresh fruit.
You can customize flavors based on personal preference:
- Make a Mexican-style breakfast burrito by adding salsa and avocado.
- Replacing the taco seasoning with Italian herbs and adding mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce.
- Making it a buffalo wrap by replacing the taco seasoning with buffalo sauce and adding blue cheese.
Lunch: Epic Protein Chili Dogs
- Low-fat ground turkey breast, 1 pound
- Tomato sauce with no salt added, 8 ounces
- Chili powder, two tablespoons
- Garlic powder, one teaspoon
- Cumin, one teaspoon
- Black pepper, one teaspoon
- Crushed red pepper flakes, one teaspoon
- Salt, ½ teaspoon
- Pinch of cinnamon, if desired
- 6 lean turkey hotdogs
- 6 light hotdog buns
- Additional toppings (optional): Mustard, homemade coleslaw, cheese
Amount Per Serving
-Protein: 55 grams
-Carbohydrates: 44 grams
-Fat: 15 grams
Preparation/Cook Time: Prep for 10 minutes, Cook for 30 minutes
Servings: 3 (1 serving = 2 hotdogs)
- In a skillet over medium heat, incorporate all chili ingredients with the ground turkey, cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to simmer on medium-low heat.
- As the chili simmers, place the hot dogs on a preheated grill and cook until the desired doneness. Buns may also be grilled if preferred.
- Place the six cooked hot dogs into buns, equally pouring the chili over each.
- Top with onion and other additional toppings.
- You may substitute turkey hot dogs with ground beef or all-beef hot dogs.
- Substituting ground turkey in the chili for beans and using your favorite tofurkey dog to make this a vegetarian/vegan-friendly dish.
- Topping your chili dogs with cheddar cheese will make chili cheese dogs.
- Opting out of using buns makes these chili dogs carb-friendly, reducing approximately 36 grams depending on the brand.