- Low-fat ground turkey breast,
- Tomato sauce with no salt
added, 8 ounces
- Chili powder, two tablespoons
- Garlic powder, one teaspoon
- Cumin, one teaspoon
- Black pepper, one teaspoon
- Crushed red pepper flakes,
- Salt, ½ teaspoon
- Pinch of cinnamon, if desired
- 6 lean turkey hotdogs
- 6 light hotdog buns
- Additional toppings
(optional): Mustard, homemade coleslaw, cheese
Amount Per Serving
Preparation/Cook Time: Prep for 10
minutes, Cook for 30 minutes
Servings: 3 (1 serving = 2 hotdogs)
- In a skillet over medium
heat, incorporate all chili ingredients with the ground turkey, cooking for 3-4
- Allow the mixture to simmer
on medium-low heat.
- As the chili simmers, place
the hot dogs on a preheated grill and cook until the desired doneness. Buns may
also be grilled if preferred.
- Place the six cooked hot dogs
into buns, equally pouring the chili over each.
- Top with onion and other
- You may substitute turkey hot
dogs with ground beef or all-beef hot dogs.
- Substituting ground turkey in
the chili for beans and using your favorite tofurkey dog to make this a
- Topping your chili dogs with
cheddar cheese will make chili cheese dogs.
- Opting out of using buns
makes these chili dogs carb-friendly, reducing approximately 36 grams depending
on the brand.