Healthy Lasagna Skillet
- Ground turkey, one pound
- Olive oil, two teaspoons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Italian seasoning, one teaspoon
- Diced onion, ½ cup
- Uncooked whole wheat pasta, 1 ½ cups (any short pasta will work)
- Marinara sauce, two cups
- Water, 1 ½ cups
- Shredded mozzarella cheese, ½ cup
- Chopped parsley, one tablespoon
Preparation/Cook Time: Prep 10 minutes/Cook 23 Minutes/Total 33 Minutes
- In a Dutch oven on medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Toss in the onions, cooking for three minutes. Combine the ground turkey with the onions, then season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- For 4-5 minutes, cook the turkey until it is well done, breaking the meat into bite-sized pieces with a spatula.
- Combine the water, marinara sauce, and pasta in the pan. For 11-12 minutes, simmer until the pasta cooks through.
- Bring the broiler up to temperature.
- Spread the cheese across the top of the pasta, then set the dish under the broiler. Cook the pasta for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese melts. Serve with a garnishing of chopped parsley.