Copy of Best Mediterranean Diet Recipes
Cucumber And Tomato Mediterranean Salad
- Persian cucumbers, one pound
- Roma tomatoes, one pound
- Red onion, ⅓ pound, finely diced
- Fresh parsley, 1.5 ounces, minced
- Extra virgin olive oil, two tablespoons
- Fresh lemon juice, two tablespoons
- Salt, ¼ teaspoon, plus more to taste
- Black pepper, ¼ teaspoons, plus more to taste
Preparation/Cook time: Prep 15 minutes/Total 15 minutes
- Slice the cucumbers into quarters lengthwise, then dice into ½ inch pieces.
- Dice the tomatoes into chunks of equal size to the cucumbers.
- Add the diced tomatoes and cucumbers, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper into a serving bowl.
- Mix thoroughly in a mixing bowl and sample with a taste test, adjusting salt, pepper, and lemon juice as needed.
Greek Chicken Skewers
- Olive oil, ¼ cup
- Red wine vinegar, two tablespoons
- Lemon juice, three tablespoons
- Dijon mustard, one teaspoon
- Three minced garlic cloves
- Dried oregano, one teaspoon
- Salt, ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper, ¼ teaspoon
- Three large boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 1 ½ pounds, sliced into 1 ½ inch chunks
- One seeded red bell pepper, sliced into 1 ½ inch pieces
- One seeded yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- One red onion, sliced into 1 ½ inch pieces
- One sliced zucchini
Preparation/Cook time: Prep 30 minutes/Cook 25 minutes/Total 55 minutes
- To create the marinade, combine the lemon juice, dijon mustard, olive oil, red wine vinegar, minced garlic, dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- In a glass dish, add the chicken pieces, then pour the marinade over the top. Marinate in the fridge, covered, for one hour minimum.
- On medium-high heat, light a gas or charcoal grill. Layer the skewers with pieces of chicken, red onion, zucchini, and bell pepper, alternating in any order.
- Once the grill is preheated, add the kabobs and grill each side for approximately 5-7 minutes. In about 15 minutes, the kabobs are cooked once the chicken is browned and the vegetables are slightly charred.
- Serve alongside lemon slices and tzatziki sauce.
Sauteed Cabbage With Onion And Garlic
- Thinly sliced green cabbage, one small head
- One sliced onion
- Two minced garlic cloves
- Ghee or butter and olive oil blend, two tablespoons
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation/Cook time: Prep 5 minutes/Cook 15 minutes/Total 20 minutes
- Slice the cabbage in half, removing and discarding the core, then slice the cabbage thinly. Cut the onion into slices.
- Over medium-high heat in a large skillet, melt the ghee or butter/olive oil blend. For one minute, saute the onions until slightly tender, then incorporate the minced garlic and stir again.
- Add the cabbage to the skillet with the onion and garlic, sautéing for roughly 12 to 15 minutes. Stir the cabbage periodically during the cooking process until it tenderizes and caramelizes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, tossing to combine before serving.