Copy of Healthy Recipes for Radiant Skin
Quick Chicken Tikka Masala
- Garam masala, four teaspoons
- Salt, ½ teaspoon
- Tumeric, ¼ teaspoon
- All-purpose flour, ½ cup
- Chicken tender, one pound
- Canola oil, four teaspoons divided
- Six garlic cloves minced
- One large sweet onion, diced
- Fresh ginger, four teaspoons minced
- Undrained plum tomatoes, one 28-ounce can
- Whipping cream, ⅓ cup
- Chopped fresh cilantro, ½ cup for garnish
Preparation/Cook time: Total 40 minutes
- Mix the garam masala, turmeric, and salt in a small dish. In a shallow dish, add the flour. Sprinkle the chicken with ½ teaspoon of the spice mix, then coat in the flour. Reserve the rest of the spic mixture, along with one tablespoon of the leftover flour.
- In a large skillet, heat two teaspoons of oil over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken until golden brown, one to two minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate.
- Over medium-low heat, heat the remaining two teaspoons of oil in the pan, then add the onion, garlic, and ginger. While frequently stirring, cook until beginning to brown for five to seven minutes. Incorporate the reserved spice blend and cook, stirring until fragrant for 30 seconds to one minute. Sprinkle with the leftover tablespoon of flour and stir to coat. Then add the tomatoes along with their juices. While bringing to a simmer, use a wooden spoon to stir and break up the tomatoes. While stirring frequently, cook for three to five minutes until thickened, and the onion is tender.
- Mix in the cream, then add the chicken and its juices to the pan. Over medium-low heat, bring to a simmer and cook until the chicken is thoroughly heated, for three to four minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro for garnish.
Creamy Hungarian Mushroom Soup
- Extra virgin olive oil, one tablespoon
- Thinly sliced mushrooms, 1 ½ pounds
- One diced medium onion
- All-purpose flour, three tablespoons
- Paprika, two tablespoons, preferably Hungarian
- Dried dill, two tablespoons
- Mushroom broth of reduced-sodium beef broth, four cups
- Low-fat milk, two cups
- Russet potatoes, 1 ½ pounds, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- Reduced fat sour cream, ½ cup
- Salt, ¾ teaspoons
Cook/Preparation time: Active 45 minutes, Total 45 minutes
- Over medium-high heat in a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook, stirring for ten to fifteen minutes until most of the liquid evaporates.
- After reducing the heat to medium, stir regularly for about three more minutes until the mushrooms are very tender. Incorporate the flour, dill, and paprika and cook, stirring for 15 seconds. Then, include the milk, broth, and potatoes; bring to a simmer while covered. Reduce the heat to maintain a rolling simmer and cook uncovered for about 5 minutes until the potatoes are softened. Mix in sour cream and salt after removing from the heat.