Full-Body Cleanse - Ways To Detox And Revitalize
Simply put, a bodily detox is a natural biological process in which we naturally eliminate harmful toxins from our bodies. Although, bodily detoxes have become more recognizable as dietary and wellness practices, which typically involve adhering to specific nutritional plans and health products that may or may not work without science-based evidence. These 'miracle' or 'cure-all' products are known to make bold claims, which may include special drinks, multivitamin supplements, and laxatives or diuretics that support digestive health. However, to help our body's natural processes of eliminating toxins, practicing everyday healthy habits is more efficient and reliable.
- Hydrate more.
It's no secret that drinking water is the foundation for optimal health. It keeps our muscles and muscles functioning smoothly, keeps our internal temperature balanced, helps our bodies absorb and process nutrients, and ensures waste products pass smoothly. In addition to water being vital through toxin transit out of our digestive tracts, it also helps eliminates these toxins while we breathe and sweat.
- Rest up.
Nightly, our bodies require enough high-quality sleep (between 7 to 9 hours) to replenish and repair themselves, vital to support our internal detoxification mechanisms. Not getting adequate sleep each night may increase the likelihood of developing Alzheimer's Disease due to an accumulation of a protein waste product known as beta-amyloid. These essential detoxification functions run on a short supply of time during sleep deprivation, which can start negatively affecting multiple aspects of our well-being due to toxin buildup.
- Get up and get going.
Regardless of bodily weight and current fitness levels, a consistent exercise routine shows promising benefits for longevity and helps manage the likelihood of developing several health ailments. This includes hypertension, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and specific types of cancers. However, inflammation is notably significantly lowered with a consistent exercise routine. Reducing inflammation helps exercise do its job for your overall health more efficiently, including a better functioning detoxification system.
When Will I Know A Bodily Detox Is Necessary?
According to N.D. and Ph.D. Linda Page, author of Detoxification: Programs to Cleanse, Purify and Renew, says it's advisable to detox for the following symptoms are present:
- Prolonged digestive elimination
- Feeling tired for no apparent reason
- Skin irritation or inflammation
- Puffy or baggy eyes
- Complications during the menstrual cycle
- Brain fog
- Increased allergies
- Infections (low-grade)
- Feeling bloated
Additional Ways To Cleanse Your Body Of Toxins:
- Take slow, deep breaths to revitalize your body with enough oxygen circulation.
- Regular healthy liver function through herbal remedies containing burdock, milk thistle, dandelion, or green tea.
- Engage in activities and hobbies that encourage positive feelings and minimize being preoccupied with stress.
- Encourage sweating by having regular sauna sessions, which helps the body eliminate toxic waste products.
- Ensure your diet includes adequate fiber intake, such as organic, locally grown fresh produce and brown rice. Garlic, berries, leafy green vegetables, seeds, and nuts are all exceptional detoxifying foods.